Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Harry appears in new ITV documentary as he vows to expose ‘illegal activities’

Must read

Prince Harry will appear in a new documentary about phone hacking, ITV has announced.

The Duke of Sussex has sat down with reporter Becca Barry where he discussed his aim to expose what he describes as “illegal activities of Britain’s tabloid newspapers”.

The show, which also features Hugh Grant, Charlotte Church and Paul Gascoigne, and is titled “Tabloids on Trial”, will air on ITV1 on July 25 at 9pm.

The Duke of Sussex declared war against the British media long before he and wife Meghan Markle stepped down as senior working royals in 2020.

Harry has brought a total of six cases against the media over the last few years.

The royal has blamed UK tabloids for intruding his life and hounding his wife as well as his mother, the late Princess of Wales.

He has also accused the press and the Government of being at “rock bottom”, “corrupt” and “biased”.

In a witness statement for his High Court privacy case against MGN last year, Harry said in a written statement: “In my view, in order to save journalism as a profession, journalists need to expose those people in the media that have stolen or highjacked the privileges and powers of the press, and have used illegal or unlawful means for their own gain and agendas.

“I feel that I need to make sure that this unlawful behaviour is exposed, because obviously I don’t want anybody else going through the same thing that I’ve been going through on a personal level.

“But also on a national level as, at the moment, our country is judged globally by the state of our press and our Government – both of which I believe are at rock bottom.”

During his infamous Oprah Winfrey interview in 2021, Harry also said: “If the source of the information is inherently corrupt or racist or biased, then that filters out to the rest of society.”

MORE FOLLOWS…

Latest article